*Introduction: Jules & You Volunteers Program!
Working every day in the heart of Maastricht and interacting with local organizations and foreign students has made us aware of a niche that we would like to fill. We have realized that most of our peers are willing to interact with local people and contribute to the city, but they are just not sure how to do it. At the same time, NGOs and other institutions are frequently coming into our office to tell us that they are looking for volunteers and that they do not know how to find them. How is it possible that this lack of communication occurs? -> We aim to, on the one hand, give students the opportunity to be socially engaged and find fulfilling volunteer opportunities and, on the other hand, to assist institutions in finding the right volunteers.
- Become actively engaged in Maastricht’s SOCIAL & CULTURAL LIFE!
- Gain access to Maastricht’s entire VOLUNTEER ACTIVITY DATABASE!
- Meet with like-minded individuals and EXPAND YOUR SOCIAL NETWORK!
- Work with people from a variety of backgrounds and EXPERIENCE A NEW WAY OF LIFESTYLE!
- Explore diverse speheres of personal and career interests and GAIN VALUABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE!
- Integrate with the local community and DISCOVER “THE OTHER SIDE” OF MAASTRICHT!
- ENGAGE. IMPACT. EXPERIENCE.
*****Volunteer Opportunity: Rooden Leeuw!*****
*Organization Description: Stichting in de Rooden Leeuw
Our aim is to help reduce feelings of loneliness (social/ emotional isolation) and to increase the self respect of individuals as well as groups of people whose problems aren’t being addressed by other (public) health & welfare organizations. The objective is to increase their ability to manage their own life and thus participate more easily in society at large.
*Project Description: Stichting in de Rooden Leeuw
- You participate in a creative encounter with young people (17 – 35) who have suffered from mild psychosis and are trying to reintegrate in society.
- You cook or assist the cook to prepare a simple 3-course meal for single elderly people on Tuesday and/ or Thursday evenings.
1. Creative coach
3. Assistant Cook
*Requirements for the Volunteers:
- Language: Dutch;
- No requirements with regards to education or age;
- We are looking for someone enthusiastic, dependable, with good communication skills, supportive of the mission statement of our organisation.
Available Immediately. 1-3 hours per week; As a volunteer, you’re a part of our team, so your participation depends on your own availability. We’re using monthly schedules.
*Sign-up for volunteering:
If you would like to sign up for volunteering at Rooden Leeuw, please click here . If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
***Note: The service is free of charge, and Jules & You membership is NOT required for volunteers.
—– —– —– —– —– —– —– —– —– —–
- For more information about Rooden Leeuw, please visit: www.roodenleeuw.nl
- For more information about other Volunteer Opportunities brought to you by Jules & You, please click here.